Competition Team 2020
Please book your daughter in to start learning her dance 25 minutes at a time. Some times/days are available on the private lessons page and it is a first in, first booked situation. If none of the times/days suit, please do not worry as I can book in other days/times if necessary. All lessons are held at The Ballet Academy Studio. Please bring payment in a named envelope which is given to your tutor at the beginning of each lesson.
The Ballet Academy Team Competition Practices will be held on Sundays at The Ballet Academy Studio. Please check the private lesson page for times and dates. These classes are to go over what they already have learn to fix technique, not to learn the actual dance.
If for any reason you can not make one of these dates, please let me know. Miss Toni ([email protected])
All students that represent The Ballet Academy will hire their costume for the year from The Ballet Academy. It is a yearly hire fee and it is completely up to the student/Parent how many competitions you attend - the hire cost remains fixed and is payable before the first competition. All costumes are expensive but Tutus are incredibly expensive to get made; for example a competition standard tutu would cost between $500 - $700 to be made.
ALL SOLO/DUO/TRIO COSTUMES:
- Classical Tutus - Tutu, Tiara/Flower, Arm Puffs (may be included) = $80/year hire
- Demi-Character/Musical Theatre - this depends on story however all props must be purchased by parents = $60/year hire
- National Character - Blouse, Dress, Modesty Skirt, Headdress (excluding Shoes - students must purchase these themselves - I will show you where) = $80/year hire
- Jazz Costume - Dress, Petticoat, Headgear = $60/year hire
- Lyrical Costume = $60/year hire
- Barefoot Costume = $60/year hire
- Contemporary Costume= $60/year hire
ALL TEAM COSTUMES:
- Classical Team Costume - $50/year hire each (Vita)
- Classical Team Costume - $50/year hire each (Prayer in the Night)
- Contemporary Team Costume - $50/year hire each (Nuvole Bianche)
- National Character Team Costume - $50/year hire each (Kalinka)
Costumes will be given out to each student. It is up to each parent to ensure they are kept safe from Sun, Siblings, Animals & Food. They are not to be worn for play around the house please. All National Character Costumes will need to be pressed the night before each Competition.
All students will be required to wear our Competition Uniform to all competitions.
Pink Dance Jacket (Juniors), Black Dance Jacket (Seniors)
Pink Gumby (overalls) - Juniors, Black Gumby (overalls) - Seniors
Please refer to the 2020 Competition dates that have been emailed to you.
We will either email you or post on The Ballet Academy facebook page the competition syllabus, this details the different classes they can enter. I will work with you to fill out the entry form so it is an easy process.
Other things to know:
- You will need to bring a flash stick to your daughter’s very first lesson so I can place her music on it.
- You will need to provide two blank CDs, each with their own case so we can place their competition music on it, ready for each competition. Please do not use these to practice at home with - they are for use at the competitions only. Just so they do not get scratched.
- Each different competition you will be given a label to place on each case which has the information the Dance Society needs to ensure the correct music is play for each competitor.
- The last five minutes of each Private lesson, whoever is picking the students will be invited in to record on their phone/iPad what they have learned so far, so they may practice at home.
This is an exciting experience, one your daughter will never forget. It does seem daunting at the start but believe me once you have danced in one competition it becomes much easier.
Welcome to the Team, I can’t wait to start teaching your daughter her comp dance!
NB: Dancers do not dance on every single day of the competition. Once the entries close then a syllabus is printed which has the date/s your daughter will be dancing on.
Cushion Theatre Day
To give the girls more performance experience, I plan to introduce a Cushion Theatre Day on the ninth week (Sunday) of each Term. It would be a gold coin entry to cover costs and would be held at the West Melton Community Centre. The girls would get dressed as for competitions (including Hair & Makeup) and perform their dances. This will give them valuable performance time in front of people and help with nerves. The more performing they do in front of people the better they will feel about their dances. I am just waiting to here back from the Hall about the Dates/Times and once I know I shall let everyone know.