Enrolment Terms & Conditions
1. Fees are strictly payable by the first class of each term. The only exception are students who are dancing their two free trial lessons and they will receive an invoice upon confirmation of their Enrolment.
2. Tuition Fees cover an eight week course, this covers any cancellations due to public holidays, sickness, masterclasses or exams or the like.
3. Students are welcome to trial two lessons free of charge, on the third lesson an enrolment form must be submitted to the tutor to confirm their place and an invoice will be promptly forwarded.
4. Failure to pay fees will result in the loss of the enrolment position. If a student fails to pay fees for any reason, it will be put in the hands of a debt collector. Collection costs will be added to the fees owed.
5. Late payments will incur a 10% penalty. (2 weeks overdue)
6. There are no refunds for student sickness or students away on holidays.
2. Refund Policies & Procedures
1. If a student wishes to discontinue their lessons, this must be put into writing giving 4 weeks notice. After four weeks of classes no refund will be given to students. This does not apply if a student attends two trial lessons and decides not to continue.
3. Class Uniform Policies & Procedures
1. All students must be appropriately dressed for class, with correct foot wear. No fairy dresses, Farmers clothing or Jewellery are to be worn to class.
2. All students must purchase TBA regulation uniforms within 4 weeks of their first class. Students must wear their uniform to all lessons, rehearsals and masterclasses. Hair is to be neatly groomed and secured off the face, with Ballet students hair in a classical bun.
3. Any student inappropriately dressed or groomed will not be able to participate in class activities due to health and safety regulations.
4. All students must arrive and leave Studios dressed in street clothes, no leotards or singlets to be worn outside.
4. Class Policies
1. Regular class attendance is vital for students to develop and keep abreast of their syllabus work. Students must be punctual to classes to ensure they receive a complete warm up. Parents are welcome to view classes on last class of term one, two and four. Term Three the students are preparing their dance for the show and we like to keep it a surprise.
2. Students (Ballet - Grade One and below) (Jazz - Intro Three and below) require a named notebook for the stickers they receive each lesson.
3. All Extension Students require an Exercise Book for writing in their corrections.
4. If a student is the sole dancer for their class, the class will only run for 1/2 of its allotted time (for example: 1hr class will run for 30mins).
5. The Ballet Academy reserves the right to cancel any class at any time.
5. Examinations, Presentations & Tests
1. All syllabus Ballet and Jazz classes will be taught with the intention that students will work towards sitting their examinations during the year. Students will be entered into examinations at the discretion of the teacher, student and parent.
2. Examination fees are additional to term fees.
3. If a student wishes to sit an exam, they must attend all five consecutive days of dance week.
4. Students from Jazz - Silver Medal and above and Ballet - Test Three and above must attend two classes per week to be eligible to sit exams.
6. Concert and Costume; Policies and Procedures
1. It is not compulsory for a student to be involved in the annual performances, however it is encouraged.
2. Each student participating in the concert is required to attend extra rehearsals, dress rehearsals and all performances.
3. Each student will be invoiced for production fees of $40.00 per discipline, which must be paid at the commencement of Term Two.
4. Soloists will be invoiced for production fees of $30 per discipline, which must be paid at the commencement of Term Two.
7. Photography & Videoing of Students
1. Photography or videoing of students in class and at concerts is not permitted. This is for the safety & well being of each individual student and to comply with the privacy act regulations. Parents may video their own child at concerts and class.
2. Parents/Guardians authorise the use of photos/video taken of their child during class/productions for promotional purposes only.
1. Choreography for classes, performances and competitions remains the artistic and intellectual property of The Ballet Academy and/or the syllabus providers. Choreography must not be copied or used without prior permission of The Ballet Academy.
9. Newsletter & Website Policies & Procedures
1. It is the parents responsibility to read the newsletters, these are located on our noticeboards and website. Also refer to our Facebook page and website for updates.
10. Health, Safety, Injury & Medical Conditions Policies & Procedures
1. The Ballet Academy is not liable for personal injury sustained or any loss or damage of personal property, whilst on the premises.
2. The Ballet Academy will aim to provide a safe learning environment to reduce the risk of injury. It should be recognised by all students, parents/ guardians that dance by its very nature carries a risk of injury or accident.
3. The Ballet Academy provides qualified and/or experienced dance teachers, who actively promote safe dance practice. This being the case it should be realised that injuries do occur from time to time and students must accept this element of risk.
5. Prior to the commencement of the class, it is the student’s or parents/ guardians responsibility to inform their teacher of any injury which is being treated or may be of concern. If you have any doubt, please consult your physician.
6. A first aid kit is available to any student through their teacher. We do not provide anyone with Panadol or equivalent or administer students medication.
7. The Ballet Academy students are under supervision whilst in class time only. While we endeavour to provide a safe environment, teachers and staff can not be responsible for students outside their allocated class time.
8. The Director of The Ballet Academy reserves the right to refuse service.
11. Privacy Act
1. The Ballet Academy Enrolment Form collects personal information about you. Parents are required to update The Ballet Academy with any changes. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you are entitled to have access to, and request correction of, this information. It is held at the office of The Ballet Academy, 8 De Renzie Place, Kirwee, Christchurch, New Zealand. The Ballet Academy also maintains the right to dismiss any student who breaches any of the stated Term & Conditions, damages property or causes disruptions to any classes of a severe nature. This decision is at the discretion of the Director.